We are looking for a Lab technician for molecular and aging biology and a Lead Medical Writer to join our motivated team.
Who are we?
We are a young and dynamic biotech company, growing at a fast pace, with labs in Leuven and Hasselt area in Belgium. At Rejuvenate Biomed, we are dedicated to increasing the healthy years of life, also referred to as health span, by repositioning prescription drugs to the field of healthy aging. Rejuvenate Biomed focuses on the intersection between fundamental aging mechanisms & cellular and molecular processes that lead to chronic age-related diseases, investigating ways to delay or prevent the onset of age-related decline. We have multiple compounds in our pipeline and are preparing our lead candidate for Phase II POC studies in the clinic.
Who are you?
You are a highly motivated and driven lab technician, passionate about science, who is looking to support ongoing research in healthy aging, using the model organism Caenorhabditis elegans. Or you are a highly motivated and driven Medical Writer, passionate about science, who researches, writes, and edits pre- clinical and clinical documents by applying functional expertise and clinical drug development knowledge and is looking for a lead position.
What will you be doing
What will you be doing as a lab technician?
- C. elegans general maintenance and handling: culturing, freezing, bleaching, media preparation
- C. elegans specialized techniques such as: COPAS large-particle flow cytometry, phenotyping, genetics
- Standard molecular biology: cloning, electrophoresis, western blot, (q)PCR…
- Support diverse specific assays, depending on research question at hand and most urgent needs in the team: -omics, fluorescence microscopy, health span assays (e.g. analysis of ageing, stress resistance…)
- Use and implement state-of-the-art techniques
- Responsible (shared with other employees) for management of orders and product stock, maintenance of equipment
- Perform experiments in a semi-independent way, showing responsibility and critical reflection in the set-up and execution of experiments
- Frequently discuss your results and seek feedback from team members
What will you be doing as a lead medical writer?
- Write and create medically and scientifically accurate, informative and persuasive content for Rejuvenate Biomed’s medical and scientific documents, including but not limited to non-clinical and clinical study reports, IMPDs, protocols, IBs, clinical development plans, abstracts, manuscripts, posters, regulatory briefing documents, internal procedures and presentations, according to high quality standards
- Ensure integration, interpretation, and summary of data and/or information from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner, in line with internal procedures, regulatory requirements, and ensure involvement of internal and/or external experts if needed
- Provide realistic estimates of timelines and budgets for the planned medical writing activities, ensure agreed timelines and budgets are respected or proactively communicate any deviation thereof
What requirements do we expect?
What requirements do we expect from our lab technician?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a life science-related discipline, preferentially with 5 years’ experience within a pharmaceutical or biotech environment
- Prior experience with working with C. elegans a plus
- Open to learning and optimizing new techniques (e.g. assay automatization), in Belgium and abroad
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in the use of Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively with colleagues and external parties, both in writing and verbally (Dutch and/or English)
What requirements do we expect from our lead medical writer?
- A Master’s degree in a life science-related discipline
- At least 5 years’ strong relevant experience as a medical writer within a pharmaceutical or biotech environment
- Excellent communications skills and writing skills in English
- Outstanding experience in the use of Microsoft Word
- A team player, who can also work independently and prioritize workload
- Ability to lead cross-functional document planning and review meetings
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy, but also the ability to see the bigger picture
What can you expect from us?
- A meaningful role within a motivated, eager to learn team, with lots of experience who wish to make a difference in the world
- Ability to accelerate and growth via training package
- An attractive salary package, with additional fringe benefits