Rejuvenate Biomed has appointed a Clinical Advisory Board to support with the clinical development of therapeutics to treat sarcopenia. Sarcopenia is the progressive loss of skeletal muscle mass and strength with age. It affects 10% of the overall population, and 50% of 80 year-olds. It increases the risk of physical disability, poor quality of life and even death.
The Clinical Advisory Board is an independent advisory panel comprised of world class academics and leaders in the field. With their expertise in musculoskeletal disorders, frailty, sarcopenia, healthy aging and nutrition, each advisory board member plays an important role in providing scientific guidance and expert recommendations.
Rejuvenate Biomed’s first Clinical Advisory Board participants include:
- Prof. Dr. Jean-Yves Reginster, University of Liège, Belgium and King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, chairman of the board
- Prof. Dr. Ivan Bautmans, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Prof. Dr. Etienne Cavalier, University of Liège, Belgium
- Prof. Dr. Jos Tournoy, Universitair Ziekenhuis Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Bauer, Heidelberg University, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Matteo Cesari, University of Milan, Italy
- Prof. Dr. Alfonso Cruz-Jentoft, Hospital University Ramón y Cajal of Madrid, Spain
- Prof. Dr. René Rizzoli, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Jack Guralnik, Maryland University, US
- Prof. Dr. Roger Fielding, Tufts University, US