Rejuvenate Biomed has appointed a Clinical Advisory Board to support with the clinical development of RJx-01 to prevent and/or treat sarcopenia. Sarcopenia is the progressive loss of skeletal muscle mass and strength with age. It affects 6-22% of 65 year-olds, and 50% of 80 year-olds. The disease increases the risk of physical disability, poor quality of life and even death.
The Clinical Advisory Board is an independent advisory panel comprised of world-class academics and leaders in the field. With their expertise in musculoskeletal disorders, frailty, sarcopenia, healthy aging and nutrition, each advisory board member plays an important role in providing scientific guidance and expert recommendations.
Rejuvenate Biomed’s first Clinical Advisory Board participants include:
- Prof. Jean-Yves Reginster MD, PhD, University of Liège, BE and King Saud University, SA, chairman of the board
- Prof. Alfonso Cruz-Jentoft, MD, PhD, Hospital University Ramón y Cajal of Madrid, ES
- Prof. Etienne Cavalier, PhD, University of Liège, BE
- Prof. Ivan Bautmans, PhD, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, BE
- Prof. Jack Guralnik, MD, PhD, Maryland University, US
- Prof. Jos Tournoy, MD, PhD, Universitair Ziekenhuis Leuven, BE
- Prof. Jürgen Bauer, MD, PhD, Heidelberg University, DE
- Prof. Matteo Cesari, MD, PhD, University of Milan, IT
- Prof. René Rizzoli, MD, PhD, University Hospital of Geneva, CH
- Prof. Roger Fielding, PhD, Tufts University, US