Biology of aging
Growing old is a natural and beautiful part of life, shaped by experiences and wisdom. In addition, aging is a complex multifactorial process, affecting many interconnected pathways. At Rejuvenate Biomed, we embrace the complexity of aging and focus on the healthcare challenge posed by age-related diseases. Our approach to drug discovery and development starts from navigating the pathways that underlie human aging, also known as the hallmarks of aging1.
From platform prediction
to clinical proof of concept
Rejuvenate Biomed developed two proprietary drug discovery platforms:
- CombinAgeTM, an AI-enabled in silico platform to discover drug combinations that have the highest potential to treat age-related diseases
- CelegAgeTM, a medium-throughput in vivo platform, using living organism C. elegans to evaluate the impact of synergistic drug combinations on healthspan markers
Prediction data obtained from our platforms are confirmed in established preclinical models and in clinical studies.
Generating a pipeline of de-risked assets and
accelerated development opportunities across multiple indications
Our three key success factors:
- We impact multiple aging pathways simultaneously by developing combination drugs
- We increase probability of success by using CombinAgeTM and CelegAgeTM
- We de-risk and shorten the development process by starting from drugs with established human safety profiles
Lead candidate RJx-01 is a novel combination drug,
developed in the treatment of sarcopenia
RJx-01 is a proprietary combination drug:
- Proprietary formulation for oral administration
- Synergistic effect of 2 small molecules
- Patent protected for multiple indications
- Established human safety profile
- Effective in preclinical models
Preclinical research showed that RJx-01 significantly increases muscle mass, muscle strength and physical performance in sarcopenia mouse models1. These data validate the predictive value of our proprietary drug discovery platforms and have accelerated the advancement of RJx-01 into a first clinical study in healthy elderly subjects. In this successful Phase 1b trial in disuse-induced muscle atrophy, RJx-01 met all primary and secondary endpoints. RJx-01 was generally safe and well tolerated with no reported treatment-related serious or severe adverse events. The proprietary and innovative RJx-01 formulation exhibited excellent bioavailability.
Sarcopenia is the progressive loss of physical performance, skeletal muscle strength and mass, affecting up to 1 in 5 older adults globally2 but there are no approved drug treatments.