In August 2020, the Scientific Advisory Board reviewed all preclinical data of RJx-01, Rejuvenate Biomed's lead candidate. The Board agrees that these data demonstrate proof-of-principle of RJx-01 for the prevention and/or treatment of sarcopenia. Furthermore, the data show potential in multiple other muscle-related and non-muscle-related disorders. Based on the feedback of the Board, Rejuvenate Biomed's funding strategy was adjusted to optimize the clinical trajectory. Rejuvenate Biomed gratefully acknowledges the insights and support of the Board.
The Scientific Advisory Board comprises the following members:
- Prof. Andrea Maier, MD, PhD, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, NL & University of Melbourne, AU
- Prof. Bart Braeckman, PhD, Ghent University, BE
- Prof. Björn Schumacher, PhD, University of Cologne, DE
- Prof. Eric Verdin, MD, PhD, CEO & President, Buck Institute for Research on Aging, US
- Prof. Johan Auwerx, MD, PhD, EPFL, Lausanne, CH
- Prof. Marco Sandri, MD, PhD, University of Padova, IT